We are one of the countries leading marquee hire companies. We require general operatives to join our team for the peak season. 6 Months May to October. The role would involve helping our teams building marquees and other structures on event sites throughout the country. All training will be provided.
Job position: Marquee Erector
Number of staff needed: 4
The suitable candidate should:
- Be capable of working in a fast paced environment where deadlines are crucial.
- Be hard working
- Be motivated.
- Be dedicated and flexible.
- Have the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Have the ability to work on there own initiative.
- The role involves working outdoors everyday and working unsociable hours.
There are no set hours, the hours are long with lots of early mornings and late evenings. I would guess that the average week would be around 60 hours.
We work Monday to Saturday and some Sundays when the pressure is on. The work is based around events so lots of tight deadlines, etc.
The rate of pay is €12:50 per hour and overtime after 40 hours at €15:63 per hour. You would be paid from the time you clock in at our premises in Buttevant each morning.
We travel throughout the country building marquees at big events. On the odd occasion we would stay away overnight, accommodation is paid for and subsistence provided.
The work is very physical and involves working outdoors everyday in all weather.
- Job salary (hourly rate) : €12.50, after 40 hours overtime at €15.63
- Number of working hours (per week): Minimum 40
- Place of work: Cork, Ireland
- Frequency of paying remuneration: Weekly
- Job start date: Immediately
- Contract duration: May-Oct 2022
- Accommodation: Yes we will supply accommodation, €50 per week will be deducted from employee for accommodation and utility bills.
- Level of English required: English speaking not required but would be an advantage
- Professional experience required: No experience required, full training will be provided on the job.